How Do Waterless Urinals Work?
EcoTrap®: A Proven Waterless Urinal System Design, Since 1991
At Waterless, we take pride in providing the highest-quality waterless urinals that the industry has to offer. Our fixtures have helped our clients save millions-of-gallons of water, which is good for both the environment, and their finances. However, we still often get asked "how do waterless urinals work?" Please read on to learn the answer.
Our waterless urinals rely on our patented EcoTrap® with is based on a simple, but proven vertical trap principle.
Here is how it works:
1. Urine flows into the drain insert of the EcoTrap®.
2. Inside of the EcoTrap® the urine moves through a floating layer of proprietary immiscible BlueSeal® liquid, which creates a barrier, preventing sewer gases and urine odors from entering the restroom area.
3. The urine below the BlueSeal® barrier overspills into the central tube and travels down into the drain line.
4. Approximately 1500 sanitary uses are possible with just 3 ounces of BlueSeal®. When the BlueSeal® liquid is gone, it is simply replenished. This only takes about 20 seconds to perform and the EcoTrap® is not touched.
5. Urine sediments are retained within the EcoTrap®. Replacement is easy and need only be done 2 to 4 times per year depending on traffic to the urinal. As tool called the X-Traptor® must be used to remove the EcoTrap®. The use of the special tool helps to minimize vandalism. The entire process of replacement only takes 3 to 4 minutes.
Review our simple maintenance instructions.
Other more complex arrangements cannot compare to the superior efficiency and simplicity of the EcoTrap® design. A urinal’s internal trapway may become clog without urinal trap inserts included. Our urinals do not need to be cleaned out. They are sampling changed out as explained above. In addition our urinals help retain urine sediments.
Benefits of the Waterless Approach
Our urinals save more than just water: they save time, and money. The upkeep of traditional flush urinals can be expensive, and maintenance in certain instances can take hours. Our waterless fixtures eliminate the need for flush valve repairs, waste line cleanouts, deodorizers, and blockage removals.
We know that you will love the simplicity of our waterfree urinals. We have a lot more information on our approach, so please reach out if you ever find yourself asking “how do waterless urinals work?” We will be happy to provide you with more information.
Contact us for more information about our waterless urinal products.